Currently viewingCancel
Hey, it looks like you're new! Why not discover the benefits of Get Into.

Computer Science A Level

Information and Communication Technology

Information and Communication Technology
Information and Communication Technology

What will you be working towards?

Code 6
Qualification Type GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
Qualification Level Level 3
Course type Full Time



A Level Computer Science places emphasis on computational thinking, problem-solving and programming ability. Students will have the opportunity to program (Visual Studio) in a range of languages including Python, C#, HTML and JavaScript. Students will also study the theoretical side of computing. The course is split across two units and one project.

How will it be delivered?

Students sit two exams at the end of year 13. Each lasts for two hours thirty minutes and combined, they will represent 80% of the marks awarded for the qualification. The remaining 20% comes from an internally assessed individual project (coursework).

Entry requirements

5 GCSE at grade 5 or above. Students must have achieved grade 6 or above in Maths and a 5 in English. A grade 7  in Computer Science if studied at GCSE.

Your next steps...

Computer Science gives you a sound understanding of computing theory and develops students' programming and logical thinking skills, plus, it enhances analytical and problem-solving skills, helping students to solve and overcome problems logically and efficiently.


Home Courses Apprenticeships Help & Guidance Upcoming Events
Sign In
Favourites Get in touch