You will be assessed on the following:
- Understand the principles and responsibilities imposed law and other regulations in a building services environment
- Understand the sustainability issues in projects across economic, social and environmental aspects
- Understand engineering techniques, procedures and methods and the principles of design
- Understand management principles and the project management lifecycle and the contractual conditions on a project
- Understand the importance of project planning and resourcing and be able to analyse different techniques
- Able to define the quality required and the commissioning process on a finished building services project
Individual employers will determine their own entry requirements, but the typical entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be five GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths, English and a Science; or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve Technician status with the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (EngTech LCIBSE). The Technician Professional Review process for EngTech LCIBSE is included in the end-point assessment process for this Apprenticeship and will lead to the designatory letters EngTech LCIBSE and the status of Engineering Technician.