This apprenticeship has been developed to prepare an apprentice for an Associate Project Manager role. The potential opportunities available are huge as projects can be large or small, defined and delivered within different contexts and across diverse industry sectors. The apprenticeship would suit a candidate with prior management or project management knowledge and/or experience. Typical job titles for the role might include: assistant project manager, junior project manager, associate project manager, project team member.
This apprenticeship will provide you with the skills and experience to work as an associate projects Manager.
You will build your knowledge, skills and behaviours in order to satisfy the End Point Assessment Organisation.
You will understand and have knowledge of:
- Project stakeholder management
- Project leadership
- Consolidated planning
- Budgeting and cost control
- Business case and benefits management.
- Project scope
- Project schedule
- Resource management
- Project risk and issue management
- Contract management and procurement
- Project quality
- Project context
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours within the context of your organisation:
- Stakeholder and communications management
- Manage project schedule, budgets and cost control
- Consolidated planning, manage quality and resources
- Identify and monitor project risk or opportunity
- Collaboration and team work
- Leadership skills including driving for results
- Integrity, ethics, compliance and professionalism
You will be assessed through on-programme assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviour outcomes on-route to final synoptic end point assessment. You will complete a presentation and professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence. Your assessor and employer will help you prepare for this.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to be an Associate Member of the Association for Project Management (APM). Full membership can be attained through further experience and professional development.