The course covers the understanding of principles and practices of assessment, assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding and assessing occupational competence in the work environment.
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment)
This qualification will be delivered through a variety of activities and one to one tutorials.
The course consists of the following modules:
Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Assess Vocational Skills; Knowledge and Understanding
- Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
You will study:
- Understand the principles; planning and decision making of assessment
- Understand different assessment methods and how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand quality assurance of assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Plan the assessment of occupational competence
- Make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Provide information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Prepare for and carry out feedback on assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding and occupational competence
- Maintain legal and good practice when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding and occupational competence
You must be working in a role where you are required to assess competence based qualifications in the work place, e.g. NVQs and you are required to assess/moderate within a college, training workshop or classroom situation.