3D Art & Design - BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (Triple Award)
Arts, Media and Publishing
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
This course is suitable for students who have designs on a creative future that will shape the places and resources we will use in our ever changing world. It will challenge and inspire students as the course is created to have a vocational context including research trips to galleries and exhibitions, in order to enhance knowledge of contemporary and traditional art and design. The topics covered on both courses provide students with the opportunities to create portfolios that develop and showcase their individual talents and skills in interior design, product design, furniture design and manufacturing, product prototyping, scale model making and 3D computer design, animation and graphic design.
EXTENDED DIPLOMA COURSE UNITS EXTENDED DIPLOMA (TRIPLE AWARD):
Double award projects plus:
- Unit 1 – Externally set design brief on visual communication
- Unit 2 – Externally set written assignment to promote an exhibition of an artist/designer
- Unit 3 – Open ‘student set’ brief
- Unit 4 – Design a set of limited edition stamps to a theme
- Unit 5 – Design skills portfolio
- Unit 24 – Graphic Illustration
- Unit 6 & Unit 7 – Externally set design brief
- Unit 8 – Freelance design to a brief
- Unit 10 – Music festival branding and merchandise
- Unit 13 & Unit 38 – MP3 product design
- Unit 16 – Chair product design and model for a national attraction
- Unit 37 & Unit 39 – Interior design for a local organisation
How will it be delivered?
Graded Distinction*, Distinction, Merit or Pass (D*,D,M,P)
Equates to THREE A Levels e.g (D*=A*, D=A, M=B, P=C)
Grade 4 in Art or any DT subject (except Food) *Please note with government changes to GCSE grading system (9-1) we reserve the right to adjust subject entry requirements and to withdraw subjects which do not meet minimum numbers. *All subject specific entry requirements are in addition to the General Entry Requirements
Your next steps...
This course provides a good foundation for the study of furniture design, product design, 3D design, interior design, animation, illustration, graphic design and architecture at degree level. Students who have successfully completed this course have gone on to study and pursue careers in these areas.