Have you decided you want to work in the Travel and Tourism industry? Or do you want to pursue a related degree? Then this course could be for you!
The topics you study will help you to prepare for progression to a wide range of university degrees that can lead to careers in Tourism Management, Events and Hospitality. You will also have opportunity to progress to careers within the airline, hospitality and events industry. Topics include:
• The World of Travel and Tourism
• Global Destinations
• Principals of Marketing in Travel and Tourism
• Managing the Customer Experience in Travel and Tourism
• Recruitment and Selection in Travel and Tourism
• Travel and Tourism Enterprise
• Visitor Attractions
• Work Experience in Travel and Tourism
• The Cruise Industry
• Researching Current Travel Trends and Key Issues in Travel and Tourism
• Managing Accommodation Services
• The UK as a Tourist Destination
You’ll enjoy learning through a variety of experiences including group work, independent research, case studies, role plays, report writing, presentations and examination preparation. A range of trips and experiences are also available such as to Blackpool, Dublin and Flamingo Land.
To enhance your future employment prospects, you will have the chance to study additional qualifications such as Air Cabin Crew, Resort Representatives and Events Planning.
Assessment is through a combination of coursework and exam graded at Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*. You will also be assessed in an externally examined unit for the world of Travel and Tourism and a controlled assessment on Global Destinations.
General entry criteria applies. This is available on our website.