If you are interested in styling hair for men and boys, this Apprenticeship is for you.
With men taking as much care in their appearances as women these days, there is more demand for skilled barbers.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will learn to:
- Advise and consult
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut using basic barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to a shape
- Dry and finish men's hair
The Apprenticeship will include:
- Knowledge based qualification, level 2
- Competence based qualification, level 2
- English, level 1
- maths, level 1
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
At college and in the workplace. You may need to take exams.
You must have an employer who will support you through your Apprenticeship and allow you time off work to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed but if not, college staff can help you find employment.
- An initial assessment indicating that you are working at level 1 and you are able to achieve level 1 within one year,
- you must like working with people and demonstrate the potential to develop good communication skills,
- you should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of working in the vocational area and wish to take up a career in a relevant industry.
This course will help you find a career in barbering and hair styling.