The Apprenticeship will include:
- knowledge based qualification - level 2,
- competence based qualification - level 2,
- English - level 1,
- maths - level 1,
- employee rights and responsibilities.
Assessment will include evidence of the activities you have undertaken in the workplace and a practical synopsis assessment and a global online assessment (GOLA) test at the end of each unit at college.
You must have an employer to support you through your Apprenticeship and give you time off to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed.
Carpenters and joiners should have:
- good practical and hand skills,
- a responsible, careful work attitude,
- the ability to follow drawings, plans and written or spoken instructions,
- the ability to pay attention to detail,
- team skills, but equal confidence in working independently,
- an interest in construction.
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths (one at grade 2 or above, one at grade 1 or above) or equivalent or a level 1 Joinery qualification, and
- you need to be happy working outdoors, carrying out manual work,
- you should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of working in the vocational area and wish to take up a career in a relevant industry.