What you will study
The CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management & Leadership encompasses these modules:
• Managing a team to achieve results
• Contributing to the delivery of a project
• Managing Daily Tasks to Achieve results
• Building stakeholder relationships using effective communication
• Managing Resources and Budgets
• Managing Data and Information
• Managing own personal and professional development
• Principles of Management and Leadership
• Delivery Methods
To achieve the competency element of your apprenticeship you will build a portfolio of practical evidence, maintain a CPD log and have observations and professional discussions with your assessor in the workplace.
Assessment for this component of the apprenticeship standard is via a written assignment for each of the modules.
Once the qualification and functional skills are complete, you will complete an End Point Assessment. This consists of a scenario based knowledge test, competency based interview and a professional discussion on CPD activity. This will be conducted by an Independent End Point Assessor from CMI.
You must be employed as a team leader or have a job role with first line supervisory responsibilities.
You will also need to have level 2 English and maths or be able to undertake them whilst on the standard.