What you will study
The CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management & Leadership encompasses these modules:
• Managing a team to achieve results
• Contributing to the delivery of a project
• Managing Daily Tasks to Achieve results
• Building stakeholder relationships using effective communication
• Managing Resources and Budgets
• Managing Data and Information
• Managing own personal and professional development
• Principles of Management and Leadership
• Delivery Methods
To achieve the competency element of your apprenticeship you will build a portfolio of practical evidence, maintain a CPD log and have observations and professional discussions with your assessor in the workplace. This is in preparation for your End Point Assessment.
Assessment for the knowledge component of the apprenticeship standard is via a written assignment for each of the diploma modules. The skills and behaviours components of the apprenticeship standard are assessed using observations, professional discussions and your portfolio of evidence.
Once the qualification and functional skills are complete, you will complete an End Point Assessment. This consists of a scenario
You must be employed as a team leader or have a job role with first line supervisory responsibilities.
You will also need to have level 2 English and maths or be able to undertake them whilst on the standard.