Could you prepare the young children of today to be the leaders of tomorrow? Do you want a rewarding career where you help them learn, feel secure, flourish and grow? This course will help you gain the skills and knowledge so that you can bring out the best in children and either enter the workplace once qualified, or move on to a Level 3 course where you will have the opportunity to progress on to a wide range of roles.
Your learning covers a wide range of aspects to help you build a firm knowledge of the crucial social and physical development of early childhood. Modules include:
• The responsibilities of an Early Years Practitioner including procedures, professional development and reflective practice
• Health and safety, equality and the welfare of children, including care routines and the benefits of play
• Wellbeing, diet and the importance of physical activity
• How to support children with additional needs
• Your role in creating the right environment for learning, including promoting positive behaviour and working with parents
Our dedicated teaching team will help you to gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. You’ll also enjoy a range of trips and visits that enhance your experience.
Standard requirements for Level 2 Extended Certificate.