The AAT Accounting Qualification is based on a simple
rule of thumb. It's called the real world. Driven by the true-life
expertise and knowledge that make a successful accounting
professional, our qualification will give you the skills to excel
at a wide range of accounting and finance jobs. Training is
flexible, practical and open to all, regardless of your age or
Having AAT qualified staff is good news for employers, too.
It shows them that you have practical skills in accounting,
underpinned by thorough knowledge that will help you
achieve success in the workplace. And if you're already
working in accounting, an AAT qualification is a great way
to build your skills and progress your career.
AAT trained people are proving indispensable assets to
players like the NHS, Morrisons, Vodafone and KPMG.
Small wonder we're one of the UK's largest awarding bodies
of skills-based accounting qualifications.
So widely acknowledged is the value of our training that many
employers actively seek AAT qualified staff. And since our
qualification is recognised internationally, some students go
on to find work in other countries outside the UK.
Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
This level teaches skills relevant to finance officer roles.
- Preparing and recording financial documentation
- Maintaining and reconciling the cash book
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Processing business transactions and extracting a trial balance
- Maintaining the journal and control accounts
- Providing basic cost and revenue information
- Computerised Accounting
- Working effectively in accounting and finance, covering communication skills, understanding of role and function, managing self and team working.
Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
This level is approximately equivalent to an A-Level or Highers, and teaches finance officer processes.
- Preparing final accounts for partnerships and sole traders
- Cash management
- Providing cost and revenue information
- Preparing and completing VAT returns
- Professional ethics in accounting and finance
Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
This level is approximately equivalent to the first year of an honours degree, and teaches skills most relevant to finance team leader roles.
- Drafting financial statements
- Drafting budgets
- Measuring financial performance
- Evaluating accounting systems
Optional topics (choose 2)
- Credit Management
- Calculating personal tax
- Calculating business tax
- Auditing financial statements.
We look for students with Maths and English at grade C or above, however all candidates will be considered.