Have you ever wondered why some clothing retailers like ASOS and H&M are highly successful, whilst others like Marks and Spencers face difficulty? A Level Business introduces you to the fundamental principles of business, and using your knowledge you will learn to analyse businesses and their strategies. You will also learn how external influences such as technology and competition influences success.
This is a dynamic and interesting subject and topics include:
• The role of marketing in targeting customers
• How markets work and how business strategies are used to plan growth
• The role of people in business
• How entrepreneurs succeed
• Why effective financial management is crucial to achieving a profit
• How business strategy ensures businesses are safeguarded during times of change and that opportunities are realised
How have companies such as Apple transformed to become cutting edge, market leading brands and how did Uber manage to identify a huge gap in the market and capitalise upon this? Under the direction of our teaching experts, you will explore current real life case studies and apply theory to these.
Your experience will include access to visiting speakers, including a special day with PwC where you will work on a special real life scenario. You’ll explore current issues and contemporary developments such as business ethics and globalisation to increase your understanding of how to develop justified responses to changing business situations.
100% examination, compromising of three written exams at the end of your course.
General entry criteria applies. Details are available on the website.