This subject is an
excellent course in preparing students for working life. It provides an understanding of a business world that is rapidly changing.
For further information on all courses click here
Course Content Year 12
This is a linear course, and includes the study of a range of businesses from new small start-ups to larger, multinational organisations, as well as considering the external environment and stakeholder perspectives. Topics in the first year include:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
The study of strategic decision making should build on the study of decision making in the functional areas covered in year one.
• Analysing the strategic position of a business
• Choosing strategic direction
• Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
• Managing strategic change.
Minimum requirements for admission to the Sixth Form:
- A grade 5 in Mathematics
- A grade 5 in English Language or English Literature
- Achieving at least 3 other GCSEs at grade 6 or above.
*Can be studied at A level without prior study Subject specific requirement
- Grade 6 or Merit in Business Studies (if studied)